Saturday, July 19, 2008

Art Show Opening

I wanna thank everyone who came to check out the show, and extra thanks to those who stayed a while, and super duper thanks to those of you who bought pieces!

Less thanks are due to the woman who called me a misogynist and came up with the sickest possible interpretations of my work. As an example she claimed in all seriousness and without a sense of humour that supposedly the ghost from the cover of Space Jet #5 is shaped like a phallus and he's going to rape the woman.

Me in front of the Gallery
Me in front of one of my favourite pieces of the show.
My very large window piece. It was the first to sell!
The show still had people hanging out as late as 2am. A good night.

4 comments:

sTeVeLeC said...

The show was great, Mike! Congratulations again.

Too bad about that silly woman. Your work is probably the most innocent in the whole Jem gallery. I don't know what her problem was.

That kind of thing scares the bejeezus out of me. I have no idea how I'd react.

Anonymous said...

Cool!

But I think it is "plaid shirt with paisley tie:)"Hope it went well- it sounds like it did.

Phallus Vulvic
Vulvic Phallus

uggh- art school all over.
Sounds like she has issues.

Yeah it's phallic; and positioned behind the woman; and yes she is caught off-guard/ surprised

but it's only part of a story-
I can't tell what is going to happen next. For me- my mind goes to Scooby Doo; for others rape, America or The Indianapolis Colts:)

kelly erwin said...

awesome stuff there guy,
Congrads on the show, well earned fun!

Doctor Jones said...

Nice work in the show Mick.
I can't believe some woman called you a misogynist.
You should have just replied, "That's right! I do free Mi-sauges as well. Wanna back rub, baby."